Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another Quilt Finished

While I was in Sister's I purchased a Batik Jelly Roll at The Stitching Post. My daughter really liked the "1600" quilt I recently made, so she took it to our beach house for her bed. This quilt is so fast although it's a little boring too. After binding the last one using batik I took the advice of someone on another forum and used cotton fabric for the binding instead of batik. It was so much easier to hand sew the binding on this quilt.
I was going to freehand quilt this one but went with a Panto at the last minute, I needed my rack for a customer quilt.
I quilted it using Superior's Lava Thread called "Bora Bora" and used a 14" Panto by Lorien Quilting called Fantasy Feathers. I love how it turned out but I just may not suggest this Panto to my customers because it uses lots of thread and takes quite a bit longer than the other ones I have.
I don't charge a separate thread charge and all of my Panto's are the same price, although I'm rethinking this a may change my pricing. Here in Oregon because we don't have a sales tax so our bookkeeping is really simple I we keep it simple.
For a closer look just click on the photo.
I will be posting more Sister's Quilt Show Pictures later.
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment