Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Quilts, Now It's Vacation Time

It's almost vacation time so I've been busy finishing up my customers quilts. My good quilty friend and I are going to the Outdoor Quilt Show in Sister's Oregon. Neither of us has been there before so we intend to have a great relaxing time. The only reservations we could get was for the resorts Bridal Suite...I know..I know but we really wanted to go and stay in a place right in Sister's. I'll post lots of Pictures when we get back.
Here's what I've done lately. First one is a beauiful green batik quilt that my customer made for her friends housewarming. Although you can't see it, it is an allover panto called "Curls N Twist" used a medium green So Fine Thread.

The second quilt is made using "In the Beginnings" fabrics...very fun and a happy quilt 62"x72". To quilt it I used my "Swirls" CL boards. I was most happy that the thread colors I chose for quilting it worked out so well. The Backing fabric was Lilac so I used So Fine Lilac thread in the bobbin for Top Thread I used a much darker thread Superior's "Lava" "Mauna Loa which is a varigated Purplish color...I'm so pleased; without even adjusting tension not one dot of purple showed up on the back side. Oh how I love my machine and more everyday. I remembered to take a pix of the back side of the quilt mostly because I wanted to add a picture of what the "Swirls" stitchout looks like to my customer Quilting Choice Album.
Thought I was going to have time to work on one of my own quilts when I returned from Sister's..not so cuz more customer quilts came in. Life is Good.
Enjoy your summer and Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment