Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

New Quilt

I just finished piecing my Turning 20 Quilt from Book 5, Simply Sashed. I won the entire collection of Black and White precut's from Studio E at the Fall Trends show. I still have the Jelly Roll, Sweet 16's, Cakes and 5"Squares from the collection to use, but first I need to find "Time" and the perfect pattern.
The finished blocks are 17" square. The red fabric is from my stash.
Using just 10 FQ's {5 White & 5 Black} makes a generous 60X77 quilt.
Went looking for my backing fabric and ended up with this fabulous fabric at a great fantastic cheap price of $3 yd, so I bought the entire bolt. I'm sure I'll find many more uses for it. Just click on the photo to see better detail. I will probably freehand quilt this one, coping and using some of the many scroll designs found in the fabric. The quilting is going to have to wait as I have customer quilts to quilt, and lots of berries need to be picked out at the farm.
Glad you stopped by.

No comments:

Post a Comment