Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

On to Quilting






Now that Family, Pets and Home introductions are out of the way, I can begin to focus my blog on quilting. That was the main reason I started this blog in the first place. My family is a little bored with my hobbies, they just don't get as excited as I do about my quilts or my Long Arm quilting. My outside full time job is a bit stressful and physically harsh on the body so I really need a low key relaxing hobby when I'm home.


A couple of my good friends, Myree and Martha are into quilting so I do have someone to chatter with and who understands, gets excited and motivates me. Myree until recently owned a quilt shop, now she works from home. She does BOMs and among other things she sells kits. She also has a Long Arm that I named Busy, because he sure kept me busy. She does E2E quilting for customers and I think Busy is still busy. If you need a quilt quilted Edge to Edge I have a link on this blog to her Blog. Although I also have a Long Arm named I'ma I generally don't do customer quilts yet. I really loved doing customer quilts, it's so exciting to see what they pull out of their bag, but for now I just don't have time. I want to practice custom quilting on my own quilts and would like to enter a few local shows in the future. Time will tell what tomorrow brings.


My friend Martha does alot of embellished Art type quilts and wall hangings. She relies on her DSM to quilt them and I must say she does a fantastic job. She is so creative. And she has many other creative talents such as furniture and sea shell painting, knitting, basket weaving, and has even blown glass.


I'm done rattling for now as I have to get busy quilting. Myree did twist my arm and talked me into doing a customers quilt for her on my rack. The customer wanted and actually needed a custom job done because she'd already started quilting it by hand. I've got it finished except for the borders, now I'm a bit stuck on what to do.