Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Quilt Show N Berries

I went to the Quilt Show in Sandy Oregon. Although it was a very nice show I noticed a difference this year. There didn't seem to be as many quilts displayed as in the past. I also noticed more of the quilts were quilted E2E vs. Custom. Again, there's nothing wrong with E2E as a lot of E2E is really beautiful and exactly what the quilt calls out for. I'm just more interested in custom work, I'm always on the look out for something new or different that I haven't done before. Needless to say I didn't take pictures, but I did spend a little money!! I just can't resist buying quilt kits especially if I love the fabric, the pattern has great LA Quilting potential and/or the price is right. So my purchase of the day was the kit pictured. I'd never done a Bento Box quilt before and I've wanted to. This is the new Updated version. The show sample was quite nice plus the kit met all my buying requirements.
After the show I went to my parents farm. I picked 2 containers of marionberries. Oh they are so
big n sweet! Then on my way home I dropped one container off at my friend Myree's.
Would have been a perfect day, except in the back of my mind I knew I had to go to work today.