Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Catching Up

Sew much to do, Sew little time, Sew much is happening, I think I'll find a warm quilt... turn out the lights and just sleep through the holidays. But then again I don't think that's a good idea...I'd miss all the excitement and fun.
My Long Forgotten Poncho
A few years ago or more I knitted a poncho but never got around to sewing the sides together. Guess what my dear sweet daughter did? She finished my poncho for me. Here's a picture and it's so warm. Thank you Sharla. She's such a good knitter and fast too. Just like fabric, yarn has gotten so expensive, but the good stuff is well worth the investment. At least that's what I keep telling myself as I continue to add to my fabric stash.
Right now I'm working on my Girl Gang BOM quilt in which ALL fabric used must come from my stash. This is just one of my many resolutions on my list of New Years Resolutions under the category of Be Thrifty in 2010. Here's a picture of the first two completed blocks. Well almost finished I'm missing The Moon...I can't find the right Blue fabric in my Stash at the moment. I'm sure before this project is finished I'll find just the right Blue Moon Fabric somewhere!
I recently finished 2 Fleece Throws. I quilted them using my Long Arm. They were super fast and easy. Will post a picture along with my new Portable Closet I just got for Xmas. I've wanted a covered heavy duty portable closet to store my quilts in. My daughter found this one at the Container Store. She also brought me their catalog...not sure that was a good idea...but I'm resisting... as Cutting down on Impulse Spending is on my list of New Years Resolution also. I intend to wait at least a week before buying anything new I see. Wish Me Luck. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment