Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


A Wee bit early but we had our Turkey today, So Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
I finished the Thimbleberries Quilt and it's on my daughters bed. She claimed it as soon as I had it on the rack. Glad she did cuz I didn't know what I was going to do with it.
I'm quilting a much smaller lap size quilt now 60x72. The pattern is one of my favorites called "Through the Seasons" by Mountain Peek Creations. I've made many flannel quilts using this pattern. Because the center is a single large fabric rectangle the piecing goes very quickly. Quilting it is always fun cuz there's so many options. This time I'm going to be using my Circle Lord. I will crosshatch the outside borders using the CL 48" crosshatch boards. The solid red inside border I'm doing freehand ribbon candy. The next piano key like inner border I will SID between each key.
And on the next stripped border I will do a rippled line with a few leaves, maybe. In the large center area I will do a panto pattern or maybe freehand swirls, who knows at this point.
I wanted to get this quilt on the frame so whenever I had a few spare minutes I could quilt on it. So much is happening at work, no nothing in stone yet, but I won't have the same job in a few weeks..that much I know. I'm so glad the pressure is off. I guess I should be worried, but for some reason I'm not. If I don't get my hours I'll just have to join the unemployment line. And I made a long list of overdue chores here at home that need done. So I have plenty to do and will stay very busy.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment